Question about boot camp
Create Post

Question about boot camp

I read in a thread that you have to pay for haircuts while in boot camp? Is that true. I know you have to pay for your dress blues if you want them but what uniform to you graduate in and how much is that? Also, what else do you have to pay while in boot camp and what is the expense. The reason I ask is that I have a car payment etc. to pay at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You'll pay for your haircuts and toiletries.
    Also, back in my day, you and your platoon will all pitch in to buy cleaning stuff, mops, disinfectant, etc.

You will graduate in a Green uniform and that is part of your issue.

You should save enough for 3 or 4 car payments and have them automatically deducted from your savings. You will not be able to do any personal financial admin stuff while you're in RT. You should also have someone keep an eye on your bills for you while you're gone.

Talk to your bank before you leave and most time they will suspend your payments untill you get back. And all of the other stuff like haircutts and uniforms automatically comes out of your check before you even see it. You will have money to pay bills when you get back, I promise you that. Do the same with your other bills to though that way you dont screw yourself.

Thanks for the advice. I will try to suspend the car payments. It still bewilders me that you have to pay for your own haircuts in basic training..especially when they require you to get them...I can see after you get out but oh well.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WELL SHAVE YOU'R HEAD,THE DAY YOU'R GOOD TO GO;THAT CHROME DOME LOOK WILL IMPRESS THE HELL OUT OF THE SAND-FLEA'S OR IF YOU'R GOING TO HOLLYWOOD,WILL LOOK GREAT WITH YOU'R ISSUED SUNGLASSE'S(LOL) HAVE FUNN,YOU'R GONNA LOVE BOOT???

Yeah, im goin to Hollywood man. I can't wait for the sun tan and pina colada's. I hear it's pretty laid back there (just joking). So, the green uniform that you graduate in, is that the service alpha? I will be graduating in in jan or feb probably, is there a different uniform for like summer graduation vs. winter ie. jacket etc?

There are two parts to the uniform designation. There is the class of the uniform and a letter designating the subtype.

The Green Service uniform is standard issue:
    Alpha=Coat+Tie with Ribbons & Badges
    Bravo=Long Sleeve Shirt+Tie with Ribbons (Badges optional)
    Charlie=Short Sleeve with Ribbons (Badges optional)

The Green Charlies is the summer graduation uniform. In the winter, it is usually the Bravo uniform, but I've also seen them do it in Alphas.

Honor men graduate in the Blue Dress Bravo uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna serve Stl
    I read in a thread that you have to pay for haircuts while in boot camp? Is that true. I know you have to pay for your dress blues if you want them but what uniform to you graduate in and how much is that? Also, what else do you have to pay while in boot camp and what is the expense. The reason I ask is that I have a car payment etc. to pay at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Its only a few buckes each for the cuts, like 2-3 Dollars. Most Pvts graduated with about $1300-$1500 dollars when I went. PFCs got a little more....like $1700-$1800. I sold my car before bootcamp...You will not need a car for about a year anyways, Because you will be in student status for a while. I am in my 7th month in the Corps and am just now hitting the Fleet (operating forces). Lots of my buddies are stuck in forming (waiting for their school to pick up) and will not hit the fleet untill their 10th-11th month. If you get hurt in bootcamp or sent back in training for whatever reason, it could be delayed even farther. Just weigh your options. G'l

Thread Information